BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Making an old backpack look new!

Okay, so for the new school year, I always want my kids to have everything new- however this year it wasn’t possible. So I decided to soup up the kids old backpacks to look new, and why not? Thats what we should be doing anyways right? So, I got out the backpacks, ran them through the washer, and got out my favorite secret box of sharpie markers! Did I mention I loooove sharpies? I wish I had some before pictures on the backpacks but I was an idiot and didnt think of taking them! But you can imagine the grubby old look that an old backpack has. Here is my sons backpack that had some stains and scoffs on the grey strips on both sides of his hero’s in the middle- so I drew the crazy flames in blue and colored them in with orange and yellow, then filled in the background with red. I did this on both sides and it even though they were just two small parts of the backpack it really did make it look new and the marker hid the stains that plain grey didn’t.
My daughter’s backpack was all pink and white, and I should mention she is ALL done having pink anywhere around her. Now that she’s ooooolder she refuses anything that may come across as “little girly”. Luckily, she doesn’t mind purple, and has a love for kokopelli’s so thats what I went for.

0 comments: