BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

PUT YOUR SHOULDER TO THE .... DECK...

I'm more than excited for all the plans I have for my yard to get out of my brain this year.   I've planted so much in my kitchen window seal that there is almost no more room on it... I would like to thank Zach for being so patient with me.... ha ha.

Mom has been helping me figure out the best plan of action for my yard and i'm so glad!  Its hard to tell what things would grow good where and what grows good in the enchanting Utah clay... hee hee.  That's where she comes in.  As a "Master Gardener" she can say stuff like "Candy that's stupid because vegetables wont grow good there, however they will grow great right there!"  I've got so much to do before I can start planting my newborn plants in the yard.

I started today with the deck and taking down the fence around the "lower" deck.  It seemed fun when we moved in- like a little child area or something but last summer none of us went under it.  Its nice for the shade but if you sit down there you cant see the kids play because of the fence and the kids would rather play on the grass than in there,   so, buh-bye fence- hello more sunshine and welcoming roominess!

Here's the deck before...  Nice, but another thing i'm excited to get rid of is all the grey.... grrrreeeeeyyyyyy!

0305001700

Here is the deck now- 45 minutes, lots of rusty painty screws, and one angry spider later, and WHALA!  A much more functionable lower deck! : ) 0308001144

All right I know there's lots of crap in the yard- but just wait till I get going!0308001203

 

1 comments:

MTGrace said...

Love it! Looks like a great place for a barbecue on those REALLY hot days! (Like good ol' Utah 4th of Julys!)